Program of measures for Tashkent region development approved
The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers dated September 9 approved a program of measures for the integrated development of the cities and districts of Tashkent region in 2016-2018.
The document was adopted in order to implement policy measures for rational use of natural raw materials, production and employment potential, ensure steady growth of level and quality of life of the cities and districts population of the Tashkent region.
The Resolution approved:
- The main target parameters of industrial production in Tashkent region in 2016-2018;
- The forecast parameters of investment projects on creation of new, modernization, technical and technological re-equipment of existing capacities of industrial enterprises in Tashkent region in 2016-2018;
- The forecast parameters of localization projects involving organization of competitive import-substituting products manufactured in Tashkent region in 2016-2018;
- The list of directions of activities realization for further development of raw materials, deep processing of fruit and vegetable production, to increase food production in Tashkent region in 2016-2018;
- Basic parameters for rapid development of engineering-communication and production infrastructure in Tashkent region in 2016-2018.
The resolution entrusted the heads of Tashkent region hokimiyat and territorial structures, joint-stock companies, associations, large enterprises, commercial banks with personal responsibility for the implementation of the program in a timely manner.
Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent region hokimiyat and other engaged ministries, departments, economic associations and enterprises are instructed to:
- within a month submit for approval to the Cabinet of Ministers targeted programs of investment projects for new construction of industrial facilities, modernization, technical and technological re-equipment of existing capacities of industrial enterprises, comprehensive measures to further develop the resource base, organization of deep processing of fruits and vegetables, increased production and export of food goods through effective use of irrigated land, as well as advanced development of engineering and communication infrastructure and production based on the parameters provided by this decree;
- undertake relevant measures to improve the level of industrialization in Akkurgan, Bekabad, Buka, Kuyichirchik, Parkent, Yukorichirchik and Chinaz regions on the basis of wide introduction of modern equipment, resource-saving technologies, ensuring increase of deep processing of local raw material volumes in the framework of the action program.
Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan in cooperation with Tashkent region hokimiyat, the State Committee on privatization, de-monopolization and development of competition, Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of Uzbekistan is tasked to implement systematic measures to increase workload and volume of production of industrial enterprises, eliminate shortcomings and restart production on idle industrial enterprises of the region, including through the sale of the state's share of inefficiently used, idle capacity and bankrupt enterprises to foreign investors.
According to the document, annually the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of Uzbekistan when forming the Investment Program of the Republic of Uzbekistan needs to provide the inclusion of investment projects envisaged for implementation in accordance with this decision, specifying the volume and sources of financing in the prescribed manner.
The Resolution also entrusted:
- The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan in cooperation with Tashkent region hokimiyat to develop specific measures ("roadmaps") to reduce the share of subsidies received from the state budget through further expansion of the revenue base of local budgets in Akkurgan, Bekabad, Buka, Parkent and Kuyichirchik areas.
- The State Committee for Architecture and Construction, Goskomzemgeodezkadastr of the Republic of Uzbekistan in cooperation with Tashkent region hokimiyat to ensure allocation of land for business activities within implementation of projects included in the Program of measures approved by this resolution, as well as issuance of permits for construction of facilities on the principle of "one window".
- The State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Geology and Mineral Resources to ensure issuance of licenses for the right to use subsoil for the implementation of projects for production of building materials and other industrial products in specified manner.
Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of republic of Uzbekistan
Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan considered a draft law “On social services for elders, people with disabilities and other socially vulnerable categories of population”, information service of the lower house of the Uzbek parliament said.
The draft law is directed at improving legal framework for social services, provided to needy categories of population, determining general requirements and main directions of providing services, etc.
The document will allow guarantee of interest of needy category of population, improve quality of their material and moral support, as well as sets directions of state policy in the directions.
After the discussion, the main provisions of the draft law as approved and it was passed in the first reading. The corresponding committee was entrusted to prepare the document for the second reading.
On October 4-5, 2016, in Brussels, the delegation of Uzbekistan headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulaziz Kamilov took part in inter-regional the ministerial meeting in the format “Central Asia – the European Union” and the international conference on Afghanistan.
During the visit, it is planned to hold talks with officials of the European Union.
(Source: Press Service of the MFA of the Republic of Uzbekistan)
On October 5-7, Uzexpocentre will host Uzbekistan’s largest tourist event, the Tashkent International Tourism Fair (TITF-2016)
Ecotourism is going to be the highlight of this year’s event. It will be the focus of an international conference with the participation of UNWTO representatives on October 6. It is expected that its participants will work out proposals on mechanisms and instruments of development of ecological tourism in Uzbekistan, taking into account international experience and practice.
This year’s exhibition will occupy 4,000 sq. m of floor space, and will be attended by companies from Thailand, Turkey, Malaysia, UAE, Singapore, Maldives, CIS, EU and many other countries. Thailand will be a partner country of the exhibition.
Representatives of business circles will be offered the Hosted Byers program, which is a significant event in the sphere of tourism, which provides an opportunity to conclude mutually beneficial contracts, share professional experiences, find new contacts and business connections.
(Source: «Uzbekistan Today» newspaper)
Members of Uzbekistan’s national kickboxing team have brought home a gold, a silver, and two bronze medals from the World Cup in Anapa, Russia
Nodir Khudoyberdiev in the -69 kg weight category defeated opponents and climbed the highest stage of the podium at the World Cup, which brought together over 1,000 athletes from more than 20 countries.
Normuhammad Rahmonberdiev won silver in his weight class, and Meroj Istamtoshev and Shohjahon Mahamadov bagged bronze medals.
(Source: «Uzbekistan Today» newspaper)