State program "Year of the Family" approved
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov signed a resolution that approved the State program "Year of the Family".
The bill was developed by the Republican committee, formed by the order № 3760-P of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan of December 13, 2011, together with concerned ministries, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regional and Tashkent city administrations, public and non-governmental organizations, self-governing institutions.
The Resolution provides for implementation of a wide range of targeted measures to further strengthen and develop the institution of the family as the foundation of society, raising all the work done on strengthening the legal and socioeconomic protection of interests and support of the family to a qualitatively new level, especially for young families, the role of families in upbringing physically healthy, spiritually mature and comprehensively advanced generation, strengthen the status and enhance the role of makhalla in practical implementation of the targets for the establishment of a strong, healthy families. This is especially important in connection with the proclamation of 2012 as the "Year of the Family" in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The most important directions of the State Program "Year of the Family" are:
• further improvement of legislative and regulatory framework, making the necessary changes and amendments to existing legislation and development of new laws, regulations and rules aimed at the development and improvement of the family institute to meet modern requirements, further strengthening the public's attention to this matter;
• Increased attention and care for young families, providing them with legal and social protection, the provision of general financial and moral support to young families, including decent housing, necessary privileges and preferences;
• further strengthening of the role and status of makhalla in society and everyday life, enhancing the importance of makhalla and the self-governing bodies to implement goals and objectives within the Year of the Family, and their influence in support and development of young families, providing it the necessary cooperation and assistance;
• further strengthening of care by the state and society in addressing the problems and needs of families, especially poor families, providing them with financial aid and social support in the upbringing of children, creating decent social conditions, with particular emphasis on women, carrying the main burden in the building family;
• further improvement of family healthcare, motherhood and childhood care, in accordance with the principle of "Healthy mother - healthy child";
• increasing the role and importance of the family in the future development of intellectual foundations of society, preserving and strengthening the age-old national values, a broad maintenance of the atmosphere of high morals in the society, and the growing opposition to various harmful influences to the national mentality;
• strengthening the role of family in upbringing physically strong, spiritually mature and comprehensively advanced generation and to this end strengthening of practical cooperation of family institution with educational institutions, providing their close and effective cooperation.
The functions of organization and monitoring of the State program "Year of the Family" are assigned to the Republican Commission, which within two weeks shall ensure development and adoption of sectoral and regional programs under "Year of the Family" for each department, region, city, district and settlement, and organize coordination between the national level of government and economic management, state authorities and local NGOs for the full, high-quality and timely implementation of activities included in the State program "Year of the Family" by setting the system monitoring over the implementation of the Program.
The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan is ordered to ensure establishment of of the territorial commissions to implement the State program "Year of the Family" led by the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and khokims regions, cities and districts in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions, Tashkent city and districts (cities), charging them with personal responsibility for the strict and full implementation of the planned program of activities in their respective territories.
The enforcement of this decision is assigned to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Sh.M.Mirziyoev. (Source: UzReport.com)